Book Review: Over the Edge by Brandilyn Collins



B&H Publishing
Publication Date: May 1, 2011


A man unable to escape his bitter past conspires to subject medical researcher Dr. Brock McNeil and his family to the same torment he experienced - the reality of chronic Lyme Disease. Jannie McNeil becomes collateral damage of the Lyme Wars as the disease ravages her body and her mind, all while the chaos in her marriage to Brock likewise threatens to rip her world apart. Jannie's race to uncover the truth while trying to hold onto her sanity will leave you breathless.

Over the Edge gripped me from page one, from the chilling madman bent on making others suffer, to the haunting portrayal of Jannie's sudden decline from Lyme. As with all of Brandilyn's novels, the dialogue was crisp, the scenes were vivid, and I found my emotions swept up in the character's lives. Not only was the story highly entertaining, but I learned about a frightening disease I previously knew nothing about. I pray I don't cross paths with a tick any time soon. This book will stay on my mind for some time, not only as I empathize for those struggling with Lyme Disease, but as I also ponder my own faith and whether I will cling to God as Jannie did, praising him during the good times, and also should my own world fall apart. Highly Recommended. 5 of 5 stars.

Comments