A delightful pop-up Bible for young children: My review of "My Pop Up Bible Stories" by Juliet David and Daniel Howarth

Noah's Ark Jonah Pack



Featuring five favourite Bible Stories, authors Juliet David and Daniel Howarth have created a wonderful pop-up Bible to engage your little ones. The stories featured include the story of Moses in the basket, Daniel in the lions' den, the story of Jesus bringing Jairus' daughter back to life, the parable of the lost sheep, and Jesus calming a storm. Each story includes a reference to a Bible passage where further information or details can be found.

My children were absolutely delighted with the colourful images, the simple stories, and of course the fun pop-up scenes in this Bible. Although it has not been in my home long, my children have already brought this book to me numerous times asking to look through it with me! I find the book to have been crafted of sturdy materials, an important feature when little hands are holding it tight and tugging this way and that to engage the pop-ups. Although the stories are very short, they are perfect for the intended audience, and the combination of the story and pictures is sure to help the readers vividly remember the stories.

I strongly recommend this Bible for families with young children looking for a creative Bible that will capture their children's interest, while instilling eternal truths at the same time. This Bible gets my vote, and that of my children. 4.5 out of 5 stars.

Book has been provided courtesy of the publisher, Kregel, for the purposes of this unbiased review.

Comments