Oh Jesus, please comfort my American neighbors!


On Friday, December 14, 2012, as I watched the events of the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting unfold in Connecticut, my heart broke for those children, those parents, those family members, for every person impacted by that tragedy. My heart cried out to God, why must these things happen? When will the suffering end? Why did this have to happen? Oh Jesus, be with them!

I was reminded that I will not always understand on this side of heaven exactly why things happen the way they do. But I cling to the hope of eternity, reminding me that one day all will be made right. Evil will be punished. Good will prevail. And that in the meantime Jesus walks with us, right beside us, in each moment of suffering.

I offer you the lyrics of Francesca Battistelli's song "You're Here", a reminder that He could have left us on our own, left us to suffer the evil in this world without his comforting presence. But He didn't. Instead, he came into the world as a vulnerable child, suffered and died on our behalf before rising from the dead to remind us that death is not the end, that life awaits us in eternity.



And while awaiting the hope of Heaven, my prayers will continue to be with my American neighbors in Connecticut whose lives have been changed forever. May God somehow comfort you and give you his peace, which surpasses all understanding (Philippians 4:7).


Come Lord Jesus!

Comments

  1. Thanks for sharing the beautiful song. I've shared it now on my Facebook page. I'm so thankful God hasn't left us on our own.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoyed this song too. It's definitely become one of my favorite Christmas tunes.

      God bless,

      Jeremy

      Delete

Post a Comment