Your family will LOVE the new movie "The Star"!!!


Check out my review of this stellar movie below!






about the film...


In Sony Pictures Animation's The Star, a small but brave donkey named Bo yearns for a life beyond his daily grind at the village mill. One day he finds the courage to break free, and finally goes on the adventure of his dreams. On his journey, he teams up with Ruth, a loveable sheep who has lost her flock and Dave, a dove with lofty aspirations. Along with three wisecracking camels and some eccentric stable animals, Bo and his new friends follow the Star and become unlikely heroes in the greatest story ever told – the first Christmas.





my thoughts...


I was TOTALLY blown away by "The Star", and I cannot urge you strongly enough to take your family and go see it!

When I went into the theatre with my three kids, I knew I was going to be treated to the Christmas story. But I didn't know that my kids and I would be laughing out loud in the movie theatre (to the point I spent as much time watching my kids' faces as watching the movie). The film is visually gorgeous, the plot is entertaining from beginning to end, and best of all this movie will put you in the mood for Christmas. Now, you do need to remember that this is a fictional animated tale, so obviously a lot of leeway has been taken with the source material. However, the main thrust of the story is there, with a clear message given that the Messiah has arrived, the very son of God. The humour is excellent, and provides light-hearted moments in the midst of some more intense scenes. And experiencing the Christmas story primarily from the view point of the animals will give you a whole new appreciation and perspective on Jesus' birth. There are even some profound moments in the tale too, such as when Mary ponders that just because God has a plan doesn't mean it is going to be easy!

My family and I left the theatre feeling like we had been utterly blessed by "The Star", having spent time laughing and remembering the real meaning of Christmas. If you are looking for a wholesome film to usher you into the Christmas season this year, then make sure you check out "The Star", playing in a theatre near you!

**The opportunity to view this film was provided by GrafMartin & the movie distributor for the purposes of this unbiased review.



Comments